edi action plan
Foreign Affairs is committed to continuous growth and learning, recognising that there is always room for improvement. We aim to foster an inclusive and diverse environment and have identified specific areas of focus for the next six months. These areas have been chosen based on input from our community, and by addressing them, we strive to enhance our equity, diversity and inclusion efforts. This action plan represents our commitment to progress and aligns with our vision of a vibrant and inclusive theatre community.
Action 1: conduct a diversity audit
- Collect demographic data on teams, performers and audience members to assess representation.
- Analyse the data and set diversity goals based on the findings.
- Develop strategies to attract and retain diverse talent within the organisation.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate progress towards diversity and inclusion goals.
Action 2: review and revise recruitment processes
- Review recruitment procedures to identify and minimise biases that hinder diversity and inclusion.
- Implement strategies, such as random selection processes when possible, to ensure fair and equitable candidate selection.
- Form diverse selection committees, excluding directors, to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Use inclusive language in job postings and casting notices, actively encouraging individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Continuously evaluate and update recruitment processes to align with best practices.
Action 3: enhance accessibility
- Conduct an accessibility audit of our physical spaces, performances, training programmes, and communication materials.
- Identify and address barriers to ensure inclusivity for individuals with disabilities.
- Provide alternative formats, assistive technologies and accommodations as needed.
- Seek feedback from the community to continuously improve accessibility.
Foreign Affairs is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment. We value representation and accessibility in fostering a vibrant and inclusive community. Through this action plan, we aim to create a welcoming and accessible space for everyone.
progress & updates:
We will regularly communicate updates on our progress and initiatives related to equity, diversity, and inclusion. This includes sharing information on the steps we are taking, the impact of our actions, and any adjustments made based on feedback and evaluation.
All members of Foreign Affairs, including leadership, staff, artists, and partners, are responsible for upholding and advancing our equity, diversity, and inclusion goals. We encourage open dialogue, feedback, and accountability from our community.
The action plan will be implemented immediately, and progress will be reviewed and evaluated in January 2024. Adjustments and updates will be made as needed to ensure ongoing improvement.
We believe in continuous improvement for a more equitable future. Your input is invaluable in shaping our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions, or feedback.
Together, let’s create a more inclusive and diverse future for Foreign Affairs, our community, and our industry.
Camila França & Trine Garrett
Co-founders & Artistic directors
Last Updated: Tuesday 6 June, 2023
Please note that this action plan is a living document and subject to revisions as we progress in our journey towards equity, diversity and inclusion.